Dance Lessons

The trips went to their first dance lesson fri afternoon. We signed them up for a summer session 1 day a week for the month of July. They were the only kids in the class for this first session. Turns out they won't do as much if I'm around. They kept running back to me and not listening to the teacher. I tried to leave the classroom, but then the boys kept leaving the room. So, although they prefer not to have parents in the classroom during the class, Season and I ended up trying to sit quietly on the sideline.

Lily really took to the class and had a great time. She did everything the teacher told her to do with a big smile on her face. Will seemed to take it or leave it. He was interested in some parts but wouldn't always do what the teacher wanted. I think he had fun though. Avery didn't really do well. He spent 1/3 of the time on my lap, 1/3 of the time trying to touch stuff he wasn't supposed to and finally a 1/3 participating in the class. I say "participating" because he mostly just wanted to run around. Could be that it was because I was there...so we will see how it goes next week when I'm not there.

The kids also start music camp next week, which is a program that runs 8-12 mon-fri for one week. It is being held where they will be starting pre-school in August, so it will be a nice introduction to their new teacher and the whole concept of going to school. We signed them up for mon, wed and fri mornings and I think it is going to be really good for them and Season. She really could use a break!

And, to top off the summer activities, the kids also start swimming lessons. They go every night for 45 minutes for 2 weeks. We are pretty excited about that too because its something we can all do together. Lily is the big swimmer of the bunch and I wouldn't be surprised if she does her first solo swim this summer!

No comments: